What is the Pine Tree State Rifle and Pistol Assocation?
- Promotes organized rifle and pistol shooting with emphasis upon the safe and proper handling of firearms and the techniques for improved marksmanship.
- Monitors legislation which would effect Second Amendment rights and lobbies the legislature as appropri.
- Works closely with and supports the principles of the National Rifle Association and other organizations that work to preserve the rights of law-abiding firearm owners.
- Promotes educational youth programs in the proper handling of small arms and marksmanship training.Organizes, conducts and supports a junior rifle postal league with over 11 junior clubs from all parts of Maine actively participate. Organizes, conducts and supports a senior rifle and pistol postal league with over 300 participants from all areas of Maine.
- Coordinates and sanctions all state championship rifle and pistol matches held in the State of Maine.
- Each year, sends a junior rifle team representing the State of Maine to the NRA National Rifle and Pistol Championships.
- Works closely with and promotes the programs of the Civilian Marksmanship Program.
- Does all of the above and more with no paid employees. The officers, directors and committee members are all volunteers. Membership and match fees constitute the major income of the Association.
The PTR&PA is the official affiliate of the NRA in the state of Maine. Applications for hosting NRA registered matches must be approved by the state association before NRA will approve them.